Are you ready for our charity summer run?
Porridge and Pens, with support from Tendring District Council, is holding a charity summer run and fun day on Sunday July 14th 2019, 9am – 2pm at Brightlingsea Sports Centre.
As well as a fun run there will be stalls selling food and drinks. The Brightlingsea Sports Centre will be holding their Open Day with the opportunity to participate or observe classes for a voluntary donation. The event will be suitable for the whole family so whether you are running or spectating, everyone can enjoy.
Open to all
The run will take place around the lovely town of Brightlingsea on two courses, 10k (£12 entry) or 5k (£10 entry). The run is open to anyone over the age 16 years and the course will feature a mix of path and road. There will be a special medal for everyone who finishes.
The start and finish will be at the Brightlingsea Sports Centre, Church Road, Brightlingsea, CO7 0QL. The 10K run starts at 10am, the 5K at 10.20am.
- There will be a water station on the 10k route
- There will be marshals along the route
- Course not suitable for wheelchairs
- First Aiders will be present
- Not chipped timed
- Pre race warm up by qualified fitness instructor
We have limited amount of spaces (100) so be quick to secure your place by using the form below. No entry on the day and please note that there is limited parking at the Sports Centre.
Terms and Conditions
- Minimum age 16 years old.
- All participants take part at their own risk.
- Any participant unsure of their physical ability to take part in the event should seek medical advice from their GP prior to this event.
- No headphones, iPods or musical devices to be worn during the race.