administrator/UK Project manager job description
- Reconciling Donation Manager and monitoring messages.
- Setting up and maintaining charity accounts on Xero including reconciling payments, adding bills, running reports
- Gift Aid submissions including completing a spreadsheet for bank donations and creating a Gift Aid claim for Donation Manager.
- Setting up appeals and checkouts through Donation Manager
- Regular checks on sponsor payments
- Downloading and uploading bills for subscriptions such as Just Giving, Zoom, Xero etc
- Transferring balances from Paypal
- Creating payslips for Ghana staff
- Paying wages for UK and Ghana staff monthly
- Working on Monthly budgets for the Girl Power Centre, Girl Power Project and Family Business Development Manager
- Reconciling receipts for school fees and purchase with money spent
- Compiling all wages and budgets for trustee approval and sending to Ghana projects
- Assisting on yearly budget forecasts and gathering project forecast information
- Assisting CEO with end of year accounts to be submitted to accountants
- Banking cash donations
- Creating receipts for donations
Girl Power Project Managing
- Daily communication with Girl Power staff in Ghana to run the Girl Power project as a team.
- Assessing applicant’s information and deciding on eligibility for enrolment.
- Fortnightly zoom meetings to monitor developments and discuss solutions and ideas for future development.
- Compiling photos and updates along with termly reports from project managers to email Girl Power sponsors three or four times a year.
- Finding new sponsors for Girl Power grants through social media, website, events and enquiries.
- Quarterly staff appraisals and end of year review. Setting appraisal targets, Recommendations for pay rises.
- Setting up new ideas and developing the Centre and its uses.
- Managing staff including setting daily tasks
- Setting up a new Girl Power sponsors with a new regular payment and ensuring they complete and online contact details form that complies with GDPR
- Requesting photos of sponsored children from the Brightlingsea Academy. Working with staff until all photos are provided by ticking of those received and informing staff of missing photos.
- Writing a general update for Brightlingsea Academy sponsors and sending it by What’sApp or email along with a photo every six weeks approximately.
- General communication, building relationships and answering sponsor queries to retain giving.
- Regular social media posts three times a week in collaboration with the CEO
- Monthly newsletters with general updates and advertising events in collaboration with the CEO
- Answering messages and enquiries through Facebook and Instagram
- Setting up events on Facebook that incorporate checkouts on Donation Manager
- Posters and event advertising
- Updating website information
- Training to redesign website
- Answering email enquiries
Fundraising and talks
- Assisting the CEO with organising of fundraising events including booking venues, paying deposits and fees, organising entertainment, purchasing items including decorations, invitations and advertising, setting up Facebook events, setting up checkouts for tickets, requesting donations for prizes, compiling event schedule and running orders, assisting with catering, assisting with hosting, ticket sales, charity information at the event, taking electronic payments, counting money.
- Assisting with the organisation of virtual or fun run including webpages, Facebook events, posters, advertising, participant spreadsheets, quotes, designing and ordering medals, emailing participants, distributing medals etc.
- Contacting local groups including Lions, Rotary, Mother’s Unions and U3A to introduce the charity and book in talks for the CEO. Liaising details
- Occasional talks for groups such as mother’s unions and rotary clubs in the absence of the CEO
- Assisting with online campaigns such as the Big Give
- Holding the charity calendar and updating events
- Emails and letters of thanks to donors
- Regular communication and building relationships with corporate sponsors and large donors through updates and progress reports
- Attending trustee meetings. Reporting on projects and writing and distributing minutes
- Assisting with the Trustee’s yearly report
- Designing and purchasing of postcards, merchandise, business cards etc
- Coordinating appeals and gifts for shipments to Ghana
- General administration